Friday, August 1, 2008

Shady stuff

Many of my friends believe that sunglasses should never be expensive. That's because it's an accessory that constantly gets stolen or misplaced. So, much to my chagrin, they buy shades off the streets from vendors. Ok. So that's what they like to do and that's fine. But for you fashionphiles who want to invest in a good pair of shades, let me tell you that I've done my research and you just can't go wrong with Oliver Peoples http://www.oliverpeoples.com/. My English friend Tim introduced me to the brand and I've been loyal ever since. Others swear by the Ray Ban line - http://www.rayban.com/ - I think they are great shades for the price. Yeah - I know it only costs a few bucks to make these glasses and the mark up is ridiculous, but why not make a statement? Some of the celebrities who I think look really cool in shades include Ray Charles, Bono, and George Michael. I think the Prada line is interesting, but rather sporty. I wouldn't wear their shades with a suit -- maybe with a pair of blue jeans (I own a pair of jeans). I also know that Tom Ford and Dolce & Gabbana are making shades and so are the beautifully handcrafted ones from Louis Vuitton. But I'm loyal to my Peoples!

One more thing. Check out www.italiaindependent.com. They make the funkiest shades AND you can have your name engraved in the frame. Always knew those Italians were on the cutting edge of just about everything.

No comments: