Thursday, April 2, 2009

I have a dream - Vinyl Mania

For years, I visited downtown records and vinyl mania to listen and buy my favorite recordings. Those days are gone, and the stores, sadly, have folded. But there's been a revival ofLarry Levan's paradise garage, Rubell's Studio 54, and Brooklyn's own Joe Causi on satellite radio. Tune in to the strobe for that old school vibe. I've been listening to some of that vintage wax on my rides up and down Route 206. Here are my top 10 recommendations.

1. Hold Tight - Change
2. Gonna Get Over You - Viola Wills
3. Thank God it's Friday - Love and Kisses
4. Take it to the Bank - Shalamar
5. Native New Yorker - Odyssey
6. Caught Up in a One Night Love Affair - Inner Life
7. There But for the Grace of God - Machine
8. Runaway - Salsoul Orchestra
9. Outstanding --The Gap Band
10. Somebody Elses'Guy - Jocelyn Brown

I have a dream that one day I will finish my book and that Spielberg will buy the rights to it. If so, I plan to have a contractual clause that includes these 10 songs as the soundtrack to my movie. Ciao.

No comments: