Monday, March 30, 2009

Bally

My father was a big fan of Bally shoes. He liked the ones that were made in Switzerland, often flexing them in front of me and proudly declaring their softness. In fact, many of the folks who wear Bally shoes, are incensed by their obduracy of the shoe's fit and feel.

I never was a big BALLY fan, but I've been blown away this year. I ran into Suzanne Ellis from Bally at Saks a few weeks ago. She's in sales for the company and she walked me through their newest lines, including the deerskin mocs that are unbelievably soft and comfortable. But for me, the real twist this spring is Bally's take on the wingtip oxford. They've built a work of art with the most amazing pattern - subtle white dots on the inside and white laces on a beautiful black base. They've even got some lovely slip ons this season and a $1000 shoe care kit to boot.

Check out the latest styles on www.bally.com. Exquisite.

No comments: