Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration & Fashion

Ok. So I saw the crowds cheering for Obama and Biden. But I was more interested in their suits and ties. I have spent many a time on the Metroliner sitting next to Joey (Joe Biden) in the cafe car. I have admired his JRB cufflinks, and his choice of beautiful Hermes and Ferragamo ties. I also think he wears his suits brilliantly, the right cut, the right length, and just enough sleeve to showcase his fine links. Today, he looked superbly crisp with his gorgeous blue tie.

But I think the President can learn from Joey. I don't think President Obama's suits fit him well. Not sure he goes to the right tailor, but the fit around his shoulders is poorly tailored. I also think he should dump the three-button suit for a more trendy single button, double vented look. And, flat fronts with flares are where he needs to go. I was horrified during the campaign trail, when he wore shoes with holes in the sole. Not cool. I suggest he send them to me. I'll fix em for a small fee and send them back to 1600 Pennsylvania.

No comments: